Online-Hybrid Teaching and Learning Design Institute - Spring 2016
Session 5 - Evaluation & Research + LAITS Field Trip
We will convene at the LAITS studio for a tour of their synchronous online course facilities. This should be a very inspiring trip and full of insights as you consider delivering your own courses online. Wrapping things up, Dan Robinson, Director of the Research and Assessment team will lead a discussion on evaluating the successes and challenges from teaching a course (ranging from face-to-face to hybrid and online).
- The LAITS studio classroom is located in the 2.200 hallway in Mezes. Enter the building from the west main entrance and walk up the stairs. Walk straight through the hallway and there will be an elevator on your right. Take a left and keep walking until you see the 2.200 suite. We will have a staff member waiting to admit you to the studio.
The Online/Hybrid Teaching and Learning Design Institute to help answer questions like:
- How do I create online opportunities to keep students engaged and learning together?
- What are some good ways to design online assignments?
- Are there best practices for delivering my lessons online?
- How will I know if what I’m doing in my class is working?
- What’s the best way to get started if I want to make my class hybrid or take it fully online?
This series of interactive working sessions will help you explore the key decisions and basic principles of learning design for online and hybrid. The Institute is free and open to all UT faculty, graduate student instructors, and staff, but space is limited.
April 22 - Evaluation and Research